How did we do it? On the way to Florida (our nonstop 20 hour drive there) we packed a hefty reusable grocery bag with plenty of snacks. We're also money (and time) savers, so we tried to bring as much of our own stuff as possible (caffeine included).
- Apples & Tangerines
- Mixed Nuts
- PB & Jelly Sammies
- 2 Tupperwares of leftover Spaghetti from the night before
- 1 box of Chai Tea, and 1 box of unsweetened Soy Milk (to mix in our thermoses)
- 1 Tupperware of "Texas Caviar" mixed bean salad (from Costco).
- 1 large bottle of water (in a reusable steel bottle)
- 1/2 bag of dark chocolate chips!
- green tea
- organic baby carrots.
- cucumber (i love it!)
Those goodies kept us well fed, and fueled for our cross-country roadtrip and then some. On the way home we luckily broke up the long drive with a two-night stay in New Orleans to site-see and reconnect with an old buddy from my childhood. One that first leg back we had:
- More mixed nuts
- 1 Tupperware of Jason's homemade salsa we brought with us (too spicy for his fam!)
- 1 bag of organic blue corn chips
- 1 bag of fresh Florida citrus
- the rest of what we still hadn't eaten (some apples, choco chips, and tangerines).
- the rest of the chai/soy milk from our original boxes.
- mixed nuts, sunflower seeds (shelled)
- one truck stop that had (vegan) french fries.
- bottles of smart water.
- filled our thermos with hot water and made a large batch of strong loose pearl green tea!
- and though we didn't buy them, gas stations also tend to carry luna bars, and cliff bars (both vegan- all flavors).
I love road trips! Great snack ideas:)ReplyDelete
Thanks Lisa, we had so much fun!ReplyDelete