The Brighter the Color Veggies the Better
- Red Quinoa (protein, iron),
- Purple Kale (iron, vitamin A),
- Rent Lentils (protein, iron, fiber),
- Purple Potatoes (anti-oxidants),
- Red and Yellow Onions (lung health, fights infection),
- Lots of Garlic (immune system),
- Fresh Parsley (vit C, K, A, and iron),
- Fresh Cilantro (fights infection and viruses, digestion),
- Celery (calcium, helps eliminate body wastes through urine,),
- Brussels Sprouts (iron, Vit. C),
- LOTS OF (icky) Shitake Mushrooms (great immune system boosters!)
- a bag of frozen organic green beans/corn/lima bean/carrots,
- lots of Jalapenos (spicy for sinuses, Vit. C, and digestion),
- Tomatoes (potassium),
- Vegan Bouillon (flavor),
- Salt/Pepper to taste.
Recipe:Wash and chop everything up, throw into pot with as much water as needed/to preferred broth consistency, bring to boil, then simmer for 45+ minutes until lentils are soft, stirring occasionally.
*My husband also read that to help speed up recovery time you should STAY AWAY from Bragg's Liquid Aminos (what I usually use to salt most of my food)... this is because several amino acids actually help feed viruses... I didn't know that!