- 2 cans of garbanzo beans
- Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- Fresh Clove(s) of Garlic
- Fresh Lemon Juice
- Salt or Bragg's and Pepper to taste
- OPTIONAL: Jalapeno, Sun Dried Tomato, Olives, Black Beans etc...
- OPTIONAL: Parsley, basil, chives, cilantro or herb of choice... for added flavor.
- Place a raw (or roasted) clove of garlic in the bottom of a blender or food processor. Add more if you like your hummus really garlicky.
- Add your cans of Garbanzo beans (drained, but save the liquid- I set mine aside in a tea cup)
- Juice half of one lemon and add to blender
- Drizzle some EVOO over your beans, I probably added about 3 tablespoons
- Salt and Pepper to taste (I like using Bragg's Liquid Aminos for my salt)
- Add any other optional ingredients of your choice. I added parsley.
- Blend on low, and drizzle Garbanzo bean liquid through the top until you've reached desired thickness/consistency.
- Taste test, and add more salt or pepper, lemon juice, spice, or herbs until it suites your needs.
- Serve immediately, or store in the fridge.
Hummus is great for dips, on sandwiches (pictured above the next day), or as a topping for VnachosV!